Monday 13 June 2011

Patricia Harwin Books

I had a lovely Weekend away bush and took some Books to read there was one I thoroughly enjoyed called "Arson and Old Lace" by Patricia Harwin the first in the Mystery Series about Catherine Penny a Retiree Divorced New York Librarian who relocates to a Village in England and stumble across a few Murders I have had this Book in my TBR pile for a few Years so I was looking forward to Purchasing the Series but Alas I found out that she only Published one other Book in the Series called "Slaying is such Sweet Sorrow" so I bought the Ebook of that one but I will be sad to see the last of Catherine Penny , the Books are a bit similar to the "Agatha Raisins" by M C Beaton but where as Agatha took a few Books for me to warm to her the Character of Catherine was likeable from the Start if anyone has some similar Series to these Please let me know as I love my Cozy's.


1 comment:

Joyful Things said...

My heart started pounding a bit faster when I read your description of that book as I love that style of book too. I don't read much anymore as my family say I become too anti-social, hiding out for weeks just reading.